ÖZELLİKLER
BİLGİLER
İMZA
SON 10 MESAJI
I gave a friend of mine one of the wild hogaboomorum a few years ago. He kept the fish...which ended up being female. I already had a breeding pair and a third wheel male. My buddy gave me back the female...and now the bachelor has a new bride....and hopefully I will have TWO wild breeding pair.

Additional photos can be found at my blog: http://modevlin.zenfolio.com/blog
I don't know what the discussion is about....but that's top left photo is a picture of my male P. managuense from La Cieba Honduras. It's a male. the fish on the right is female.
[QUOTE=Umut Katipoğlu]Celal sanırım burada tek birey ve üreme dönemindeki birey arasındaki fark görülebiliyor.
Çieçkler ve iri siyah bant kalıyor, ancak tüm gövdeye yayılmış olan solucan desenler azda olsa soluyor yada kayboluyor.
Rainbowlardaki tutuncu gövdenin birdenbire kömüre batırılmış gibi kararması misali...



[/QUOTE]
Dan Woodland? Or are you referring to Don Conkel?
[QUOTE=Cenk Bildir][QUOTE=Aquamojo] Is Dan shipping them over or is he having someone else do it? I am curious as to how easy it was to have done.
[QUOTE=Cenk Bildir]Hopefully 2 inchers from this variety (blue labridens) and the Media Luna Yellow from Dan will be in Turkey in the begining of July.
Is Dan shipping them over or is he having someone else do it? I am curious as to how easy it was to have done.
[QUOTE=Cenk Bildir]Hopefully 2 inchers from this variety (blue labridens) and the Media Luna Yellow from Dan will be in Turkey in the begining of July.
Been a while since I've posted. I have been busy processing the photos from Segrest Farms. Final count was a total of 1600 photos. Talk about sapping any desire to photo my own fish. LOL.
I did a major break down clean up of the 500 gallon tank and moved some fish around. Of all that I brought back from Mexico I only have the one lone male H. labridens from Taninul Springs. Normally the fish is more blue and yellow. Breeding dress is more monochromatic...black and white. Recently he has been taking on something in between. There are a few other Labridens in the tank...but I think the change is more of a dominance coloration than breeding. The fish itself is around 11". Still very nice.

Here's a cichlid that you don't see often in the hobby....Chuco micropthalmus. Under rated and yet a very pretty fish. Aggressive and a challenge to breed.



I am testing new photo tanks. The one that these photos were shot in is a little different than most that I make. Most have a painted black back and a frosted glass bottom to diffuse light. The biggest problem that I have is cutting down the amount of light that I throw on a tank. So this time I painted the back, sides and bottom first with frosted glass paint to give it a texture (less glare) then with white paint. The tank is 2 ½ gallons…about 12” across and eight inches high.
I used four Nikon SB-900 flash units on the tank. One
below, one on the back and two on the top.(picture attached) So I end up
shooting at 1/320th of a second at an extremely low ISO and very
high aperture (@f32). The amount of light that these four lights throw on that
small area is amazing. Any one of those flash units could illuminate a
subject twenty foot away.
If I have to cut even more light I made a couple
additional individual pieces of ¼” plexi that I painted in various
depths (white to grey) so I
can add that (one layer or more) to bottom or top to cut back light. If
you are familiar with photo terms, the effect is like that of a neutral
density filter.
I wanted the tank to be
versatile enough to shoot all kinds of fish. I have another piece of
glass cut to the inside dimensions of the tank and painted black. I can
move the back wall forward and position with some channels that I made
w/small
industrial suction cups. This just to keep some control over the
fish. If the fish goes too close to the back and hides, I adjust the
movable wall to keep them in front of the tank. I also cut two pieces
of stone tile that I can lay at a diagonal
from the front of the tank to the back…to photo catfish and the other
bottom
dwellers.
Next I filled the tank with two small Hogaboomorum
to test the lighting. Here's the set up. The small flashlight on the
top helps me to focus.
The results were OK. But the fish would hug and hide. So I went and got the larger male from the tank and added him. That got everyone moving. Here's two shots.
Next I added a net full of half inch P.
fredrichsthali "La Cieba" fry to try the macro. Wasn't sure what to
expect. One of the challenges of shooting macro is the depth of field.
Less light means you have to open the aperture. A wider aperture (lower
number ex. f3.5, f4, ) Whe you shoot something this small, a higher
aperture gives you bigger depth of field. Here's two tips. The farther
back you can get and shoot, the better the depth o field...the
closer...like with macro, the shorter (less of the area will be in
focus). The other tip is to "zone focus". In this case, rather than
focus on the exact part of the fish I wanted in focus, I would move down
the body a little. This assured me that I would get not only front,
but back in focus...in most cases...becasue of the DOF range.
Considering the bubble at the top of the tank.
Some portraits..remember, these fish are all 1/4 - 1/2" in size:
Here's a little guy that was so excited...he crapped himself. 
Not wanting to stop here, I swapped out the Freddies for some P. managuense "Xiola" ...these 1/4 inch and smaller.
I put some decapsulated brine shrimp in with the fish. If you have ever used it, you know it's very very small. IN the photos they look like regular pellet. What I though interesting is that there is so little color on the fish that you can actually see the brine shrimp (color orange) that they are eating.
Couple other interesting observations...if you take a close look at the fish, it almost looks like their skin is comprised of dots. I am assuming that the color of the fish is still developing. Perhaps the chromatophores (pigment) of the fish is still developing. The other is that the eyes are disproportionally large to the rest of the body. Maybe natures was of giving the easily preyed on fry a better chance of seeing it coming. I back this up with seeing tanks full of scattered tiny fry coming together as a group when they see me approaching the tank...waiting for food. What they see, who knows...but without a doubt they react.
Hope you enjoyed this. If you have any specific questions about the setup, I'd be glad to answer what I can. I hope this translates well into Turkish
Mo
[QUOTE=arren] Mr. MO after you shared so many beautifull photo, I realezed really ı have never captured a good photo:D These big babies all good and you are doing realy great work!!!!


[/QUOTE]Thank you my friend.
sezerdmn...

[QUOTE=mekrög]And maybe some Jumbo?[/QUOTE]
I found some pictures that I hadn't previously processed. Jumbo's mother was a Gold Morph managuense and his father a Managuense from Nicaraugua. I had him for thirteen years. This is the only fish in my collection that has ever bitten me...on three separate occasions. One time I was reaching across his open tank to adjust a filter.
He jumped up and out of the water and bit me behind my arm, dangling for a split second before falling back. He was almost too aggressive for his own good. He would attack the water siphon getting water out and the hose while I wa putting water in. If I wanted to reach into the right side of the tank, I would have to distract him on the left.
One time I had a TV station doing a story about my collection. The female reporter saw the fish and was amazed by his attentiviness. I told her that if she opened the hood, he would come to the top of the tank. SHe did and as she leaned over he jumped straight out of the water and tried to bite her. She fell back and screamed.
All of my Central American cichlids thrive in the hard water of Pennsylvania. The only treatment I use is to remove chlorimines. Temperatures vary 24 - 26 degrees celsius. I feed all of my fsh a varied diet. Jumbo loved raw shrimp and would eat five to six at one sitting.



I have several dozen photos I took of Hericthys labridens "Media Luna". All of the light was hitting just right. The settings were spot on, and the big boy was responding to some hand waving and food baiting. Here's one of my favorites from today. Nice lighting above and below.

I will post more later.
SON MESAJLAR
- Orta Amerika Çöllerinin Bir Replikası 🏜 syerli, 20:33
Akvaryum Tasarımı ve Dekorasyonu - Karides Akvaryumu Hakkında Sorularım Ve Kurulumum Ehtiyar, 20:29
Omurgasızlar - Utangaç Balık Problemi JuqLax, 20:00
Yeni Üye Forumu - 80x40x40 Akvaryuma Armatür Wasdff, 19:55
Aydınlatma - Orta Amerika'ya Dönüş Frkn, 19:50
Akvaryum Tanıtımı - Geosesarma Dennerle Jolakotturinn, 19:46
Akvaryum Tanıtımı - Sewellia Lineolata Jolakotturinn, 19:31
Sazansıgiller Tanıtımı - 100x45x45 Hardscape Tavsiye syerli, 19:11
Yeni Üye Forumu - 200 Lt Çok Hızlı Yosun Oluşumu AliSelimKadan, 18:00
Yeni Üye Forumu - 60 Litre Bitkili Akvaryuma Balık Onerisi Betta_King, 17:46
Akvaryum ve Tür Tavsiyesi - Ternapi Küçük Bir Su Birikintisi hvostr, 17:05
Akvaryum Tanıtımı - Erkek Lepistes Doğmuyor hvostr, 17:03
Cinsiyet ve Tür Belirleme - Esp Tabanlı Akıllı Işık Ve Sıcaklık Ölçüm Sistemi NightWist, 16:42
Kendin Yap Sistemler (DIY) - 240 Litre Resif Akvaryumuna Sump Şartmı? BlackkEaglee, 15:32
Deniz Akvaryumları Genel - Ember Tetra, Karides, Elbette Bitkiler pianoƒish, 11:29
Akvaryum Tanıtımı - 2 Aylık Akvaryumda Yoğun Diatom Sorunu – Bitkiler yyiImaz, 09:56
Bitki Akvaryumları Genel - Planarya İçin İlginç Bir İlaç easyac, 09:44
Hastalıklar ve İlaçlar - Yeni Başlayan Biri Olarak Bloody Mary Karides MSamet, 09:32
Akvaryum Tanıtımı - Pigme Çöpçü Yumurta Bakımı. CUMBURLOP, 09:29
Yeni Üye Forumu - 35 Lt Ye Neon Tetra Olur Mu? İnci Kefali, 06:48
Akvaryum ve Tür Tavsiyesi - 📌 Yeni Tank Sendromu Ve Azot Döngüsü hvostr, 21:35
Makaleler ve Tercümeler - Dış Filtre Hat Üzeri Co2 Difüzör Hakkında hakaya0107, 20:29
Bitki Akvaryumları Genel - 37 Litrelik Siyah Neon Tetra Akvaryumum Ahmet53, 20:26
Akvaryum Tanıtımı - Akvaryum Köşe Çatlağı hvostr, 20:25
Yeni Üye Forumu - En Küçük Cory: Hastatuslarım hvostr, 20:08
Kedi Balıkları Tanıtımı - Anubias Çiçek hvostr, 19:51
Bitki Türleri ve Bakımı - 2+6 / 8 Moli Ve 6 Sterbai Güzel Olurmu hvostr, 19:45
Akvaryum ve Tür Tavsiyesi - Su Değişimi İçin Otomasyon Planım pianoƒish, 19:01
Kendin Yap Sistemler (DIY) - Balkona Giden Ekstra Uzun Dış Filtre Hortumu pianoƒish, 18:59
Filtreleme Seçenekleri - Boş Armatür Kasası Nereden Temin Edebilirim pianoƒish, 18:52
Kendin Yap Sistemler (DIY) - Co2’siz Nano Tank’ta Bitki Gelişimi BettaFishHobim, 18:39
Yeni Üye Forumu - Eheim Jager Kalibrasyon Resimli, Detaylı Anlatımlı Jotunheim, 12:27
Malzemeler ve Yemler Forumu - Yeni Akvaryum Alıp Karma Amerikan Sevdası. hokia386, 06:57
Akvaryum ve Tür Tavsiyesi - Bi Maşallahınızı Alırız Tata, 01:02
Orta ve Kuzey Amerikan Cichlidleri Tanıtımı - Dostlar Akvaryum Led Işık Arızası epidosin, 00:00
Işık CO2 ve Ekipmanlar - Yakışıklıdan Pozlar :) hvostr, 23:45
Güney Amerikan Cichlidleri Tanıtımı - 160x60x60 Akvaryumum Tata, 20:57
Akvaryum Tanıtımı - Günce Benim Eski Sevgilimin Adıdır -doctore-, 20:50
Akvaryum Tanıtımı - Tanganyika : Amatör Dokunuş 1Balikci, 18:04
Akvaryum Tanıtımı - Bitki Yapraklarında Delikler Ahmet53, 16:02
Bitki Akvaryumları Genel - 👋 Yeni Gelenler Buradan Merhaba Desin hvostr, 14:34
Yeni Üye Forumu - Monte Carlo Carpet Yayılımı Durdu Betta_King, 10:20
Akvaryum Tasarımı ve Dekorasyonu - Akvaryum Su Yüzeyindeki Silis Kumu Temizleme zeko99, 07:23
Akvaryum Bilimi - Bu Taşlar Akvaryumda Kullanılır Mı lonewisp, 20:54
Akvaryum Tasarımı ve Dekorasyonu - Led Armatür Arızası, Nasıl Tamir Olur SuperSport, 20:29
Aydınlatma - Lepistes Kuyruk Erimesi Nasıl Tedavi Edilir Ehtiyar, 19:47
Hastalıklar ve İlaçlar - Co2’siz Nano Tankta Bitki Gelişir Mi? syerli, 16:07
Yeni Üye Forumu - Hava Motoru Tavsiyesi ulutasatilla, 14:07
Filtreleme Seçenekleri - 30cm Küp Akvaryum Moda Ve Bitkiler Joec, 13:13
Akvaryum Tasarımı ve Dekorasyonu - Dario Dario (red Scarlet) rasporasrc, 12:22
Akvaryum Tanıtımı
GÜNCEL 100 TANITIM
SON İLANLAR
- Çeşitli Akvaryum Malzemeleri. OKIRATLI 19:45
- 4 Adet Eheim Jager Isıtıcı ngerekli 19:01
- Chihiros Wrgb30-oase Dış Filtre-chrome Pipe Aporetti 18:36
- Anubias- Christmassmoss- Cryptocoryne Wendtii- Saz kopruluonur 17:59
- Tül Kuyruk Vatoz Türleri / Hb White Lepistes kopruluonur 17:59
- İhtiyaç Fazlası Akvaryum Malzemeleri kopruluonur 17:59
- 2 Erkek 3 Dişi Kribensis Takasa Açık eyidasss 17:43
- Taşınma Nedeniyle Toplu Satış ***çok Uygun*** Kfat 17:21
- Moss aziz_basak 16:52
- Osmos Ve Muhtelif Malzemeler Formicasmind 16:27
- 6 Adet Hongsloi sirhill 15:45
- Cüce Vatoz (4e-4d) Ve Gold Laser Corydoras (3d-6e) Emirk 14:55
- Saulosi 2-4 Cm Emirk 14:55
- Su Piresi & Yeşil Su & Infusoria Amati340 14:45
- Ramshorn Salyangoz (10 Adet) Amati340 14:45
- Osmocote Akıllı Kapsül Gübre ( 9 Ay Etkili) Amati340 14:45
- Microfex( Dero Worm) & Sirke Kurdu Amati340 14:45
- Springtail Kültürü (sıçrarkuyruk) Amati340 14:45
- Kalsiyum Karbonatlı Kum Sütçü 13:46
- Sadece Takas Selçuks 13:02
- 60x45x45 Full Ultra Clear Mobilyalı Akvaryum Feanor 12:35
- Flame Moss , Java Moss, Pothos Sarmaşığı gyunda 12:35
- Tiger Endler , Karides , Demasoni , Salyangoz gyunda 12:35
- Akvaryum , Su Piresi , Balık Yemi gyunda 12:35
- İthal Işıklı Dolaplı Büyük Boy salihclk 12:31
- Cüce Kerevit Umt61 12:22
- Full 3 Kat Üretim Seti Umt61 12:22
- Takasa Açık Kaliteli Malzemeler BadgeR 12:21
- Chihiros Rgb Vivid 2 Mini Shade Arıyorum BadgeR 12:21
- Christmass Moss emregungor 12:07
- Tuberculatum emregungor 12:07
- Java Moss , Java Fern Filizleri Miller 11:57
- Rasbora Arıyorum Miller 11:57
- Zateksuaritma Akvaryum Arıtma Sistemleri Reef Seri zafer3885 11:51
- Akvaryum Arıtma Sistemleri zafer3885 11:51
- Akvaryumların İhtiyaçları GETS34 11:50
- Toplu Malzeme Ve Akvaryumlar MurathanM 11:46
- 100x50x50 Akvaryum Ve Mobilyası(hobiyi Bırakıyorm) MurathanM 11:46
- Su Piresi 200 - 300 Adet 100 Tl CevdetSERBEST 11:44
- Exel , Ramshorm , Bitki CevdetSERBEST 11:44
- Moss Teli CevdetSERBEST 11:44
- Melek Balığı CevdetSERBEST 11:44
- Tüm Malzemeleriyle Satılık Akvaryum rorobey 11:43
- L144longfin Mavi Göz Ve Siyah Tül Vatoz Çiftleri ertcavdar 11:33
- Mikrofex-grindal-mikrokurt-sirkekurdu-izya Tubifex tuncaysargin 11:29
- Diy Gübreler Kargo Bedava Bitkiler, Balıklar reano 11:19
- Karides ,vatoz, Bitki Çeşitleri, Gübre reano 11:19
- Ful Red Lepistes ÖĞRÜNÇ 11:16
- Katil Salyangozlarla. ÖĞRÜNÇ 11:16
- Tanganyikanın Nadir Güzellikleri muhammet abaci 11:13
KULLANICILAR
- 77 Online Kullanıcı, 42 Üye
Online Kullanıcılar
FORUM İSTATİSTİKLERİ
- 3,797,668 Mesaj
- 408,613 Konu
- 91 Forum
- 145,128 Forum Üyesi
- 1,466 Özel Forum Üyesi
- 29 Kıdemli Akvarist
- 1,941 Dün Giriş Yapan Üye
Şu ana kadar en fazla 1365 kişi 27.03.2012 23:21 tarih ve saatinde çevrim içi oldu.




















